When feeling down and out, here are five Bible verses for maintaining hope in your life.
1) Psalm 3:2-6“Many are saying of me, ‘God will not deliver him.’ But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high. I call out to the LORD, and he answers me from his holy mountain. I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear though tens of thousands assail me on every side.”
2) Joshua 10:25“Joshua said to them, ‘Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Be strong and courageous. This is what the Lord will do to all the enemies you are going to fight.'”
3) Romans 12:12“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
4) Job 11:18“You will be secure, because there is hope; you will look about you and take your rest in safety.”
5) 1 John 3:1-3“See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure.”
By Katherine Weber, republished from christianpost.com