When feeling oppressed and downtrodden, here are five Bible verses to look to for inspiration and hope.
1) Psalm 9:9“The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.”
2) Psalm 34:18“The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
3) Psalm 146:6-7“He is the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them – he remains faithful forever. He upholds the cause of the oppressed and gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets prisoners free […]”
4) Isaiah 1:17“Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.”
5) 1 Peter 4:12-13“Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.”