The beginning of a new year is an excellent time to set your faith goals! Although material goals tend to dominate when people consider what they want to accomplish in the coming year, spiritual goals should not be overlooked. Setting spiritual goals keeps you on track with your development and can inspire you to lead a life with a deeper relationship with God.
Spiritual goals are the objectives you set for yourself to get closer to God. Some people make it a goal to go to church every Sunday, never missing out on daily devotionals, and spending time with the Word of God through daily bible reading.
Why Spiritual Goals Important
Setting goals for yourself is important because it helps trigger new behaviors, guides your focus, and helps you sustain that momentum in life. Setting spiritual goals for the New Year can be an incredibly powerful and rewarding experience. By taking time to reflect on who you are and where you want to go, you’ll be able to map out a plan for personal development that is tailored just for you.
How to Set Faith Goals for the New Year
Step 1: Ask for guidance. Having too few or too many things you want to achieve can sometimes be confusing. You might not know where to begin, and that’s why the first thing you should do is pray to God and ask for His guidance. Ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to the path that He has prepared for you.
Step 2: Evaluate the previous year. Revisit the resolutions you made a year ago. Of those, how many have you accomplished? Which of them was too difficult to execute? How come, in your opinion, did you fail? If you ask yourself these questions, you’ll be in a better position to create a plan for the new year.
Step 3: Set realistic goals. Having goals is a great thing. However, it’s important to make sure that your goals are realistic and achievable. Start with simple and small goals like reading the Word of God for at least 5 minutes a day. Avoid aiming for things that you know you can never do.
List of Faith Goals For The New Year
Here are some suggestions to help you get started on your New Year’s faith resolutions:
- Read the Bible cover to cover. Dedicate a small portion of your day to reading the Bible. Reading the entire Bible in a year is certainly doable with 365 days in a year.
- Participate in worship services regularly. Just showing up won’t cut it. You must be present physically, mentally, and spiritually.
- Make it a habit to pray every day. Taking a few minutes out of each day to pray is all that’s needed. It’s something you can do first thing when you wake up or right before you turn in for the night every day. This becomes second nature after some time.
- Document your spiritual growth in a journal. Keep it and fill it with your daily thoughts and reflections. When you’re feeling down, reading this can help lift your spirits.
- Practice forgiving others. If you can forgive someone who has wronged you, you will be able to repair more than just your relationship with them. It will also provide you with peace of mind.
Setting faith goals can inspire you to live a more meaningful and powerful life. Taking the time to consider why you’ve chosen specific goals and how they align with your spiritual beliefs will ensure that everything falls into place naturally. By following these suggestions, you can set meaningful spiritual goals for the coming year and manifest a more fulfilling life. Finally, resolutions are most effective when they are the result of genuine reflection on opportunities for personal growth. When it comes to your spiritual development this year, the Bible Portal is a great place to start.