Christians have the desire to receive the Holy Spirit and work with its power. However, we can be mistaken in understanding the Holy Spirit correctly. The word of God tells us the manifestation of the Holy Spirit and the gifts given by the Holy Spirit. We also can find what kind of fruits we have to bear in our lives. By understanding and longing for the gifts of the Holy Spirit through the Bible verses, be equipped and serve the Lord’s ministry well.
1. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 NIVNow to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge by means of the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healing by that one Spirit, to another miraculous powers, to another prophecy, to another distinguishing between spirits, to another speaking in different kinds of tongues, and to still another the interpretation of tongues. All these are the work of one and the same Spirit, and he distributes them to each one, just as he determines.
2. Ephesians 4:11-12 NIVSo Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
3. 1 Peter 4:10 NIVEach of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
4. Romans 12:6-8 NIVWe have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith; if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully.
5. Galatians 5:22-23 NIVBut the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
6. 1 Corinthians 14:1 NIVFollow the way of love and eagerly desire gifts of the Spirit, especially prophecy.
7. Acts 1:8 NIVBut you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth
8. Acts 4:31 NIVAfter they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
9. 1 Timothy 4:14 NIVDo not neglect your gift, which was given you through prophecy when the body of elders laid their hands on you.
10. Acts 10:44-47 NIVWhile Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God. Then Peter said, “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.
11. 2 Timothy 1:6-7 NIVFor this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands. 7 For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline.
12. Isaiah 11:2-3 NIVThe Spirit of the Lord will rest on him— the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding, the Spirit of counsel and of might, the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of the Lord—and he will delight in the fear of the Lord. He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with his ears;
13. Nehemiah 9:20 NIV You gave your good Spirit to instruct them. You did not withhold your manna from their mouths, and you gave them water for their thirst.
14. Acts 2:38-39 NIVPeter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.
15. Ephesians 1:16-17 NIVI have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
© 2016 BIBLEPORTAL.COMALL RIGHTS RESERVED.