a Presbyterian minister, was born in Ulster County, N. Y., April 6, 1813. He was converted in 1830 and united with the Reformed (Dutch) Church. In 1838 he graduated at Yale College; in 1839 he entered the Theological Seminary at Auburn, N. Y., finished his course in 1841, and was licensed by the Cayuga Presbytery. He was a man of great accuracy, both in literary composition and in business. He died of typhoid fever at Apalachin, N. Y., Dec. 6, 1865. See Wilson, Presb. Hist. Almanac, 1867, p. 271.