Read & Study the Bible Online - Bible Portal

Want to know what the Bible says about 10 Commandments? Here are 94 Bible verses about 10 Commandments from the Old and New Testaments of the Holy Bible, New International Version (NIV), sorted from the most relevant to the least relevant.

Use the up or down arrow next to each verses to vote for this topic. Your input is important for us to improve it.

Note: Always check the context of a verse; Click the "Read Full Chapter" button next to each verse to read more. The context of a verse might put a very different slant on what the verse seems to say.

Galatians 5:14 NIV
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Romans 13:8-10 NIV
8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
Deuteronomy 4:13 NIV
He declared to you his covenant, the Ten Commandments, which he commanded you to follow and then wrote them on two stone tablets.
Exodus 34:28 NIV
Moses was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. And he wrote on the tablets the words of the covenant—the Ten Commandments.
Exodus 20:7 NIV
“You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.
Exodus 20:12 NIV
“Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.
Romans 5:8 NIV
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 13:9 NIV
The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Deuteronomy 4:2 NIV
Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the Lord your God that I give you.
Exodus 24:12 NIV
The Lord said to Moses, “Come up to me on the mountain and stay here, and I will give you the tablets of stone with the law and commandments I have written for their instruction.”
Romans 7:7 NIV
What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.”
Jude 1:7 NIV
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.
Exodus 20:8-11 NIV
8 “Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Matthew 19:19 NIV
honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

Group of Brands